Book and Item Donations
Thank you for thinking of donating your books to us!
We can only accept books, CDs, DVDs, BluRays, and video games that are in good condition. We are unable to accept textbooks, encyclopedias, dictionaries, magazines, condensed books, VHS or cassette tapes.
What kinds of items do you accept?
- Current or popular authors, fiction or nonfiction in excellent condition
- Children’s titles in excellent condition
- Movies on DVD and Blu-ray with original packaging and in excellent condition
- Newer Music CDs and Books on CD with original packaging and in excellent condition
- Xbox One, PlayStation 5, and Nintendo Switch format games with original packaging and in excellent condition
What will you not accept?
- Older items (published over 5 years ago)
- Advance readers copies
- Textbooks or encyclopedia sets
- Back issues of magazines or journals
- Older formats of videogames, VHS, cassettes, records, computer software, and other obsolete/outdated audiovisual formats
- Items discarded by other libraries
- Materials in poor condition: moldy, cracked, water damaged, written in, highlighted, etc. Any condition that cannot be described as "like new"
What does good condition mean?
- No yellowed pages
- No cracked spines
- No missing or falling out pages
- Original disc (no burned copies)
- Original case/packaging
- No cracks
- No scratches
What will you do with my donation?
Items will be considered for addition to our collection. Items that don't make it onto the shelf will be put into our book sale fundraiser. Funds raised will be used to support the library.
We have two book sale fundraisers: the permanent in library items and the Annual Friends of the Library Books and More Sale
Where do I donate my books you can't use?
Goodwill Industries of Alberta
Accepts books. Items should be in good condition for resale. Drop off only. Click the link for location hours.
The Mustard Seed
Accepts books. Will be given to people in need in the inner city. Drop off Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm.
Address: 10568-114 Street. Edmonton